Monday, August 22, 2011

the Ghosts of a good thing

Ive been carrying corpses with me this whole time
Corpses of empty promises,
unrealistic expectations
and relationships that would never work out.

Ive been holding onto potential futures that can never be

and the funny thing?
I knew deep down that they would never come to fruition.

But I kept the ghost of a good thing.
I let the hope kiss my eyes shut at night
and awaken me in the morning.

Its all an illusion.

No one can hold my heart
Im elusive
I don't like consistency
and I can't hold onto something, someone, or myself with my hands behind me
dragging hopeless futures
pulling these decaying bodies of impossible futures.

I've grown an infection from this
Ive bound myself for too long
that my wrists are cut and infected

This stench resonates and produces a direct observation of my misdirection
and I need an antiseptic

I don't want this anymore
Im letting go.
Im giving up these ghosts.
letting them dissipate into the once believed past and non existent future.

Im releasing that desire.
And opening myself to a new adventure.

we dont need anything.

I just need me.

Nothin can stop this heart
this beat that keeps me moving.
What a beautiful sound.

So I will just lay
and listen to it
and remind myself that I am not the corpse I carry

3 comments:

  1. "I've grown an infection from this
    Ive bound myself for too long
    that my wrists are cut and infected" - So lovely.

    Paints such a strong picture and in particular, about how we hold on to things that make us physically ill, toxic.

    Good for you. Only the present moment can define us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this blog. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete