Sunday, April 25, 2010

I need an answer

The news hit me like a brick wall
and after the collision i sit and wait for a potential aftershock.

What are we?
i don't believe that we are a compilation of our physical parts
i don't believe we are a bundle of energy.

We have life, and we have the ability to breathe it into others
if we choose to do so.
I want to breath positive life
and i will spend my life doing so

noone can stop me
no thing can stop me
no agent, no genetic inhabitant can destroy this resolve in my chest.

I understand the forms
the virtues
and i want to live in harmony with them

upon new findings I am have more resolve to not accept the providence that I have been given.
the one time i disagree with Emerson.
I don't accept the reality of the given situation

But in my head
all i see scares me.

Its that epic battle between the mind and the heart.
what is to come?
what new evidence will be brought forth

is this my eternal sleeping space?
will I achieve more than I have?
have i learned all i am meant to?

to brush up close
to breathe in that foul breath
of death
won't be the first time I have encountered a passing
and it won't be the last

a new self emerges out of every important interaction
and we are continually changing
just as a hand in the river

so i speak softly
awaiting word
for a new understanding
of life, of fate

I need an answer
for myself

1 comment:

  1. "a new self emerges out of every important interaction
    and we are continually changing
    just as a hand in the river"

    I remember the first time you told me that. Made me think!

    ReplyDelete