Friday, April 10, 2009

The truth of the movement

We have a tendency to constrain ourselves.
Keep oneself from going too far-

But what is too far?
Who determines those parameters?
Who is to say one tries too hard, or loves too deeply?
Can we possibly care too much?

To revel in the thoughts of others
To feel that passion for something
an affinity


We feel compelled at times
and I would argue that feeling in ones chest is fate and the Forms forcing us to recognize what is right....

to play out the scenario in which good is accomplished.
to enact an ideal within ourselves that sets in motion a series of interactions- ultimately leading to the right outcome

But I could never imagine a situation in which caring too much would ever exist.
to give yourself- Altruistically
is the best virtue there is
the noblest

to give oneself for another.
to Choose to give what you have for someone else......
that is true beauty in my eyes

We always must take others into consideration in our daily events
we are a movement together

we have this affinity for one another just as we individually do for our families and closest friends.
we are family..
we have to start living as such

this movement must Phoenix.
we have to raise up together

not because we were forced to by an aggressor-
not because we don't want to be seen as not caring-

but because we Choose to
we feel that connectivity to one another
because we are altruistic (in varying degrees)
because it is WHAT IS RIGHT

we have to be the change we seek.
in our daily lives
in our homes
in the movement.

live by example.
live because existence isn't enough

live how you want- where you want- but without harm to anyone else.

Lets rise up
together, autonomous but vigilant

5 comments:

  1. I won't comment from a personal standpoint, but I believe Ayn Rand would disagree with most of what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post Allison! I'm going to have to go back and reread the theory of the forms. It nearly blew my mind while reading it in college till my professor told me not to get too caught up in it because it wasn't going to be in our essay exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.

    I think I disagree with some of it, but I really get the spirit of it. I think you've got the spark that seperates the "doers" from the "thinkers" and sometimes having that spark can drive you crazy. Watching all the people proclaim "This is wrong" and then sit back down and accept it...

    Yeah, waking people up to march ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete