Tuesday, February 10, 2009

remember to breathe

Remeber the first breath....
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

I breathe out slowly... watching the carbon dioxide escape my lips.

I watch this slowly. Subconciously awaiting the oxygen to be drawn in... to remember that I am alive... and still breathing.

is that messed up? or is it a beautiful fact that we all underneath desire to exist- to be alive?

I know I am thankful to feel my heartbeat. To awake in the morning wiht my first thought always being "thank you for letting me live another day". And I always close my eyes tight, just to take that extra moment to show that first breath a sens eof appreciation.

I dont tell many ppl my inner thoughts... that my sentimentality extends to something as silly as waking in the morning...

but I think that helps explain me. Who I am- what i desire out of life- and what makes me happy. I am not hard to please. I just ask for appreciation- that is it.

Acceptance of my sappy side- adn respect of my mind and heart.

And awaiting in the morning is the most beautiful moment to me- the intake and exhale. The initial opening of your eyes- and that initial glance.... it gives me goosebumps just to think of it.

How is it that something so simple can move us? Can change how our day plays out?

And yet- we find ourselves far from that the moment we step foot out the door? That we lose ourselves?
But sometimes we need to remember that intial breath. That we exist alone in times... such as in the mornings. It is just us and the Good for that first second. As if you wake and he pumps that first breath into you. And it tastes so sweet. No judgements, no worries, just bliss.

If only every breath could taste so sweet and soft rolling up our tongues.

Remember the first breath.

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment