Thursday, March 12, 2009

Epiphany

I can still feel that breeze slide whisper across my lips
Still sense that tingling in my chest
The same as the first moment when I realized the truth.

When I woke to the notion that I had spent my life chained in that cave- clinging to those relics upon the wall.

I stood there last night.

Stood outside of myself. Attempting to embrace the elements of anothers spirit.

We all see our true selves in certain lights. And when we attempt to explain that we tend to lose elements. Of our souls. in the transaction of words.

We spoke of the pure of heart. The few left in this world. And it was spoken from two different perspectives. And it sincerely blew my mind.

And what makes us special is our ability to resist the temptation to give into negativity and a disillusioned outlook on life and its inhabitants.

I believe people are inherintly good. No matter what I have seen or heard- kick me, knock me down, attempt to destroy my framework- but I believe deep down goodness remains.

And as I explained last night- this-me- is what you get. Nothing more- nothing less.
And yes- I retain some armor... but I have a tendency to be vulnerable.. and I have learned over time that that element should be celebrated rather than shunned.

Vulnerability doesnt make you weak. I would argue right the opposite. To be unlike everyone else- to be willing to expose yourself- good and bad- is the epitomy of strength.
And I saw this in this persons eyes last night. and I was moved.

That moment- when someones persona uncoils and sheds at your feet, and you see someones soul.... that is what I live for. Why I am here.

For the pure of heart can see one another- we sense one another. The folks that do not intentionally hurt one another, have conviction to let the good win out in this world- and give all we can to those we hold closest to us.

And I learned alst night that there are more of us than previously suspected- and we all gaurd ourselves in different ways.

Some of us believe in fighting for the good, in everyone. but others of us are now only willing to fight for the good left over.

And who am I to judge that point of view?

But I know my purpose here- in this world- is to show care and devotion to those in my presence- not to get anything out of it.... but because I know that is what is right. To show the jaded that you can rise from it. There are still people in existence that care beyond the trivialities of this world.

And I always thought I was meant to help others through my microbiological applications. Because I dont behave the way I do to get attention, affection, or praise. I do it because IT IS WHAT IS RIGHT.

and I think maybe I am missing out on what is really going on. Like I limit my meaning to what my limited perception sees.

And I realized it last night. And it moved me.
we cant hide. We cant sucumb to the numbness of this world any longer. Yes, the world is messed up... but you have to fight it- and change it, instead of hiding from it.

We can do this. I believe it in my heart.
And I havent felt that passionate or realize how serious I am about what I proclaim than I did last night.

And I see what I am. What I am made of.
This world will never take me.

we have to be one anothers support system. We all have a hand in holding one another up. And The ones who can see the truth about this world beyond fashion, tv, etc. need more support than I previously realized.

So I am on a mission. And last night fueled my convictionthat the good can win out. that through the golden rule, vulnerability, and open appreciation- we can revive the ones of us that have fallen asleep.

Because when they wake- Gah I cant begin to explain that feeling- that rush that comes with seeing someone awaken to the truth.

I had to make a memory of it.and it will stay with me.tucked away in my heart, with all the other epiphanies that have made me who I am.

we will change this world. With passion, love, devotion, the forms, and logic.

Dont give up hope on this world.

And so agian I shed my skin, exposing silkier flesh that glistens in the sunlight.

Thank you for these epiphanies. I am lucky to have you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment